What is Tonkatsu ?!
Tonkatsu (Japanese: 豚カツ, とんかつ or トンカツ) is a dish that uses thick slices of pork. Knead the flour with egg and coat with bread crumbs. The name is derived from the Japanese word ton (pork) and the English word cutlet (meat cutlet) representing Japan. and of course being loved by the Japanese and everyone around the world
The root of the word Tonkatsu comes from the French word cotolette (loin of veal, lamb, or pork), in English it is called “cutlet” and is used in the Japanese style as “katsuret. Tsu (Katsuretsu)”
In the late 19th century, Western dishes such as katsuretsu, beef and chicken began to infiltrate the menus of restaurants in Japan. After about 1895 A western restaurant in Ginza, Tokyo has begun selling the menu. Pork katsuretsu and began to gain more and more popularity. and around 1930 The Ueno and Asakusa neighborhoods of Tokyo have begun to use thick cuts of pork to make katsuretsu. Hence, it was called tonkatsu.
Japanese people who believe in superstitions Before a test or a sporting event, it is customary to eat tonkatsu. Since the word “katsu” in tonkatsu means “victory”, I want everyone to try tonkatsu. and pray for victory before any competition.
Ingredients for making Tonkatsu (Fried Flour)
Ingredients of Batter
Ingredients of Tonkatsu
|70-80 / 1ชิ้น (5 ชิ้น)
keyword in the ingredients of tonkatsu What is each type??
Method for making Tonkatsu (Fried Flour)
- Take the pork tenderloin to absorb a little water.
- Mix the pork, seasoned salt, ground white pepper together and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Weigh Modified starch according to the amount. Pour cold water into the flour according to the ratio and mix the flour with water until homogeneous.
- Remove the marinated pork. Dip into batter or paste. Then let the batter drop for about 10 seconds.
- Then coat with bread crumbs. Press the breadcrumbs to stick to the batter.
- Fry in oil at a temperature of 170-180 degrees Celsius for about 5-7 minutes.
- Set aside to drain the oil. then let it cool
Modified Starch can be used in many applications. Thailand and Asia, tapioca starch is increasingly being used to make Food Modified Starch. Because of the uniqueness of tapioca starch and non-GMOs, Tapioca Modified Starch is gradually becoming popular all over the world.
Modified starch powder can be divided into 3 types according to principle. Modifications;
- Physical Modification
- Enzymatic Modification
- Chemical Modification
Benefit of Batter
- Can replace eggs
- Reduce cost
- It has good adhesion of batter to pork.
- No cavity
- Suitable for the factory to make pork batter.